See www.fpcwaltham.org

for more info

Monday, March 9, 2009

wendell and protest





Thank you for your prayers. I had the privilege of going down to DC on my "day off" this past monday to join in the Capitol Climate Action day where we gathered, rallied, marched, and protested the coal fired power plant that powers the Capitol and many surrounding buildings. It was an inspiring experience joining some 2500 predominately young adults committed to help change our country and move away from dirty coal that pollutes, destroys mountains, and changes our climate - to more sustainable ways of living. It was my honor to shake Wendell Berry's hand and tell him how much he has inspired our community of faith here at Watershed in Waltham. His humilty was felt as he thanked me for my words - and I thanked him for his witness. The police did not arrest anyone of us in this massive civil disobedience (no permits were obtained for this march, as it was intended to symbolically shut down the coal plant for the day) - as there were too many to arrest - a success indeed. Bill McKibben (www.350.org) and James Hansen (NASA) were also there. Photos are of some fellow Waltham activists I ran into, Wendell Berry, and others. May there be eco-peace soon!

No comments: